Sunday, August 24, 2008

First Day of First Grade

The first day of first grade.  I have to admit that this year I was sad that Sarah would be gone all day at school.  Just as we were getting everyone out of the house, Ryan called  letting us know he was coming from work to walk with her to school.  Sarah was very happy about that.  Ryan asked how she was feeling and she was medium.  So, not to worried but kind of worried.  (She felt a little concerned because our neighbor and close friend decided to homeschool their daughter who Sarah plays with every day.  So she wouldn't see her friend all day.)  Preschool and kindergarten were not too long and it was more like an extended playday.  

At lunch time I kept checking the clock to see what time it was, hoping that time would pass a little more quickly.  The boys and I did stay pretty busy while we waited to see how Sarah's first day went. 

We picked her up and the first comment was, "Mom, you didn't give me enough water."  We worked out that dilemma and by the time we were home she said it had been a great day. 

Sarah's first week in first grade included, running the fun run(several times), journal writing, being an ogre in the classroom play, recess with best friends, and lunch on the school lawn.   



Day #2

We had to stop at the little park after taking Sarah to school.  
Jack

Ryder

Mischievous!  This is the second time the boys have been on time out and decided to climb out their windows!  No kidding.  The first time the screens ended up in much worse shape and I found a child standing in the hedge.  This time I was folding clothes and heard the front door open and the pounding of little feet.  Maybe we should put bars on the windows...does it get better when there teenagers?  Our time out spot has now changed.  I do appreciate their creative solutions to their dilemmas.







Sweet siblings!

Ryder, Sarah, Jack




3 comments:

CHELZERS said...

cute cute cute! I am amazed she is in first grade and the boys are just get bigger by the minute!! You are such a cute family! Thanks for being our friends! Have fun in school sarah!

Challburg said...

Thanks for the invite. This is a fun way to keep in touch. I haven't even seen Sarah since she was about 1 year old. She is so cute and so are the boys!

ermakaluso said...

Those boys are trouble! But cute trouble. Maybe if you moved to Oakland you could get a house with bars already installed. Sarah looks darling with her backpack on!