Friday, January 16, 2009

Are you kidding me?

The title pretty much sums up the day I had with our kids yesterday. 
 
1.  Ryder and Jack took the car keys and decided they were old enough to drive.  The horn started honking(and yes, I was getting in the shower) Ryan was still home and went out to find Ryder in the driver's seat and keys in the ignition.  We talked about when they are 16 then they can drive all they want.

2.  Picnic in the backyard was fun until they decided to pee through the fence into the neighbors yard.  (But, they have a toilet in there backyard!... They just remodeled.)

3.  Naked boys bicycling... okay they were in there underwear but it was in front of my neighbors. We had been playing on the court and the boys went to use the potty and came back w/o clothes.

4.  Naked trampolining... again it was there underwear but a little boy flashed the neighbors.  Straight to T.O. (there excuse:  my clothes make me hot)

5.  Escape through the bedroom screen while I was distracted with the other brother, Jack who was in holding bolted.

6.  Dump.  All the toys right before bedtime.  

After this I pretty much sounded and probably looked like a freight train blowing off some steam.  I think I even scared Ryan into hiding.

6 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

You need an 80s rollerskating night. Good luck until then then.

ermakaluso said...

I think we need to go have a mommy break together sometime! Good thing we love these kids with all they put us through!

CHELZERS said...

oh Al. I'm sorry. Those days totally suck. there is not a nicer way of saying it. I hope tomorrow is a better day. [hugs]

Catharine Schmauch Cox said...

Hi Alison! I love your blog. You have a beautiful family. I TOTALLY get you on the boy thing. I don't know who thought I could do three. (kuddos to you for raising 2 at the same time) I have a list of things Cameron has done that has aged me at least 20 years. The doctors call him "spirited"...I call it something else.:) My hat is off to all of us out there with "spirited" children!
I hope your day will be a calm one. :) take care, Cathy

Erin said...

The fact that you do it with two 4 year olds is amazing! One keeps me on my toes at all times. But I have to say it makes me feel better that someone else has kids that love to be naked and pee wherever they can.

Rob & Karli said...

I'm exhausted, just from reading about it. What a crazy day! Get away and come for a visit! Miss you guys!