Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Birthday Boys

Happy Fourth Birthday Ryder and Jack!!!! Hooray for birthdays. It was a very memorable day four years ago. I was 11 days away from being 40 weeks pregnant and I was ready to have the boys! I couldn't sleep anymore and I asked my doctor to be induced. He was happy to do it. Ryder was born after 3 pushes and he was a healthy 8 lbs, 1 oz. Jack decided to hang around awhile longer since he finally had some room. After 20+ minutes of trying to maneuver Jack, the doctor decided it was time for a c-section. Jack was born 26 minutes after Ryder weighing 7 lbs, 3 oz. Life with three children has been a huge blessing filled with lots of fun and adventures. I am thankful for Ryan!!! He is an amazing Dad and wonderful husband. I am also grateful and very thankful for the blessing of wonderful parents and in-law parents!

This year the boys were so excited for their birthday. They had been asking for about two months when it was going to be their birthday and if they were four yet. They couldn't wait to have a cake and put candles and sprinkles on it. We celebrated their birthday as a family on their birthday and then we had all of Ryan's family, my parents (who completely suprised us- I had no idea they were coming- they were a huge help), and some of our neighbors over for a Star Wars Birthday Party on Saturday. We had a Jedi Training Academy. The young padawans learned the ways of the force, helped save Han Solo from being frozen in Carbonite, and we had pod racing on the court. We had an amazing time with our family and friends. Thank you to everyone who helped! Ryder and Jack still are talking about it and asked when they can have another party.

Pregnant with twins.  A huge suprise that we found out about when I was 7 weeks pregnant! Ryan and I just laughed when the doctor told us.  We were hoping for 1 healthy baby and we were blessed with 2.
Ryder and Jack
Tasting the birthday cake batter...YUM!  
Jack and Ryder(love the fluffy hair).


Birthday Boys.  We brought snack to school and handed out a gift to classmates.


Jack and his family gifts.

Ryder and his presents.

Grandma and Grandpa gave them star wars sheets.  A huge hit.  All of the kids were also given a trampoline from both sets of Grandparents.


Party Day
Super soccer morning started off with Sarah scoring a goal!  
Light saber's and a trampoline...scary.

Learning the ways of the force from Jedi Masters Jacob and Maryn.


A dark presence was felt and 3 Darth Vader's appeared to battle the young padawan's.

On your mark, get set, go... save Han!





The kids had to maneuver the cones, avoid asteroids(paper balls), and enemy fire(water guns)to save the princesses.

Ryder and Jack loved their cake. 


We love Grandpa Doug!  He plays like a kid, still!





2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Now it is time to try for #4! Ha Ha! Happy Birthday to the boys!

Rob & Karli said...

That looked like such a FUN party, and so well planned! I bet the boys loved it! You didn't even LOOK LIKE YOU WERE HAVING TWINS!