Monday, February 22, 2010

Powell


Baby Powell, we love you!  I found out at my 38week appointment that the baby was in breach position.  After much prayer and fasting we went to my 39 week appointment to see what the baby was up to.  He has been a wiggly baby the whole pregnancy so I was hopeful that he had turned so I would not have to have another c-section.  I was hoping for a vbac.  The doctor and my brother-in-law were pretty certain that this baby would not turn because #1 he was big(my doctor was thinking around 9 lbs), and #2 after a certain point in pregnancy the baby settles into their final position and doesn't move.  Our prayers were answered and my doctor was stunned, Powell had turned and was head down.  We were extremely grateful.  So, fast forward to my next appointment at 40 weeks and no baby.  So, we scheduled a date for inducement.

Powell Douglas arrived to greet the world on Friday.  He weighed a svelte 11 pounds and is 22 inches long.   We are so excited to have such a sweet new little baby in our family.  His brothers and sister love to sing to him, give him kisses, and feel his tiny feet and hands.  We love him and are very, very grateful for his safe arrival.



11 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats Alison. So glad he arrived safely. Enjoy every minute.

ermakaluso said...

One thing...new "little" baby?! Holy cow! He is huge! (But little compared to the others.) I LOVE the name and the story and all of it. I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet the "little" guy.

AnnieB said...

Oh my goodness he's so scrumptious! I just want to kiss those chubby cheeks! Congratulations! You are amazing! 11 pounds!

CHELZERS said...

Svelte. Nice word ;) Great job mommy! Enjoy that darling baby! Can't wait to meet him and see you all again soon!

April said...

What a chunky monkey! I love it. He is adorable. Congratulations!

Candace said...

Congratulations,Alison and Ryan! He is beautiful!

Candace said...

Congratulations, Alison and Ryan! He is beautiful and we're so happy that he arrived safely!

Jason Rickards said...

Congratulations you guys! Tara and I drove from Sacramento to SFO on the 19th and thought about you guys as we passed by Vallejo. Hopefully next time we are in town, we can stop by and see the new addition.

Rob & Karli said...

Ooohhh I want to squish him! He just looks so squishable! I still can't believe he was 11 pounds! You go girl! Miss you guys! Can't wait to come out for another visit!

Steph said...

Congrats Alison!

April Kennedy said...

Hi! Came by way of Lisa Manley. We started talking about her Mormon friends and said that one lived in Benicia! I'm in Napa 3rd and just wanted to say Hi.

Congrats on Powell. Love the name and you got love the plumpiness of that little boy.