Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A match

My brother Jason has cancer.  We found out in October and his life has been turned upside down.  At the end of January all of the siblings were tested to see if anyone would be a match for a stem cell transplant.  We were very excited to find out that 3 of my brothers match and are all suitable donors.  He has been responding well to treatment and will go to Seattle in a couple weeks for more aggressive treatment and a transplant.  

I am very grateful that my brother and his family are being watched over and blessed through this crazy time.  


2 comments:

Erin said...

Alison- I am so sorry to hear about Jason. How is he doing?

Rob & Karli said...

I'm so glad that your brothers were a match! I hope everything goes well, and he a has a speedy recovery!